Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water







 
I cannot believe I am clothes shopping,” I mutter into my hands.

James doesn’t glance away from the road as he chauffeurs Astrid and me into town. “I’m not sure when you became such a skeptic, sir.”

Groaning, I want to slide down my seat more, but I keep my posture straight, since Astrid is sitting right beside me.

She frowns at me, like she doesn’t approve of my outburst anymore than James does.

I want to groan again. I don’t know why I keep thinking that just because I can’t hear her doesn’t mean she can’t hear me. “Not that I mind spending more time with you, Astrid. I just hate clothes. And shopping.”

To think I am partly responsible for having raided you,” James says with a heavy sigh.

I don’t point out that he can get pretty much all the credit since my parents died when I was twelve, and spent all their time traveling before that.

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack