Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water







Tearing my gaze away from Astrid, and hopefully breaking the power of whatever cat has my tongue and pull my phone up so I can study the screen.

J.K.: So, hope you don’t mind, but Cecilia is coming as my dates. See you this weekend, dude.

I almost drop my phone, but then my grip tightens and I exhale. There’s a reason why I call Justin King JK. He’s really good at shooting a shocking email, and then five second later texting JK!

So I wait. And I wait and I wait and I wait.

Finally, my phone pings.

J.K.: I’d say just kidding, but I’m not really kidding. Can’t help it she’s hot.

Clenching my fist around my phone, I curse the day I thought Justin would make a good friend. 

Bringing Cecilia back into my life like this? I mean, sure she was one of the guys until just a year ago, but she chose which side of the gender line she wanted on very decidedly. And I stupidly went along with it, not realizing that femininity precluded tearing men’s hearts out of their chests and crushing it with their talons.

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack