Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection





“Is this truly the only way?”

I turn from my patient, who Rose is currently sedating, and turn to Reverend Shipping. His eyes are wide with so many human emotions, that even if I had been ordered to use my lying update, I could not have. “I would not be doing this procedure, if it weren’t.”

Rose looks up briefly from her preparations to inject penicillin into our patient next. “It is all right, Reverend. I have had to do procedures like this before.”

He nods, but there is something broken in his expression.

“I’ll take care of your son.” Rose looks into his eyes. “But it’ll be best if you aren’t here.”

Reverend Shipping startles. “What? But he needs me-”

“He needs medical professionals,” I answer coolly. “We can be calm for him.”

“I can too-”

“I need you to man the cockpit,” I say. “If I’m going to perform this surgery, I will need to put seventy-five percent of my focus algorithm on it-”

“One hundred percent!” Reverend Shipping cries.

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack