Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


The reverend, though, seems as unwilling for that fate to unfold as I, and rushes out of the cockpit.
“Alicia Ivy?”
I refocus on Rose.
She studies me nervously. “Are you ready to begin?”
Nodding, I pick up the scalpel and approach the sleeping Silas Shipping.
Even as I focus on him, I partially focus on the life cords that Orion and Wayta are carefully wrapping around their waists.
I note which limb I’m going to sever. And make sure I identify which rope is wrapped around Orion, and which is secured on Wayta.
My knife is situated over the arm, ready to slide through so close to the metal that his flesh is barely touched. Even as I send an emergency protocol blade out of the side of the ship by the cords.
The knife cuts down at Silas Shipping even as the blade pierces into Wayta’s cord. And I keep working at both with the precision of a surgeon, and the motive of an AI with a crew to protect.
“Stop, it’s done.”

Comments

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack