Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water


I wade into the ocean, a strange mixture of cool and warm wash over my feet as my old home laps at my ankles.
Then something hot spikes up my legs.
Losing my balance, I crumble into the water face-first.
Water enters my lungs that have lost the ability to breathe it, and I desperately try to push myself up onto my hands and knees.
The queen of the waves will not die in the shallows! It cannot be so!
But when I try to balance myself on my knees, I find that they’re no longer there.
I gasp, but this time when the water flows in, I breathe it like air again. Then I flip over and see that instead of legs protruding from beneath my skirt, my mermaid tail is there instead.
Breathing more easily than I have all day, I smile. I feel like myself again.
Now to see if my abilities are still mine.
Diving deep beneath the waves, I feel the power of the water around me. But I don’t feel my matching power.
Panic grips me, but I keep swimming, keep searching for the currents to speak to me.
It is silent as the dead.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack