Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


When the door separating Orion and me from where I left Wayta, it reveals her just where I left her; sitting on Killa’s bed and wearing Killa’s skin.
Wayta, desist this instant,” Orion orders.
Wayta jumps up and then frowns at Orion. “I’m not Wayta-” She turns to me. “Wait, is that what all that questioning was about? You thought I was Wayta?”
And conformed it,” I answer, before Orion can let the deceiver lay doubts like eggs in his mind.
Orion scowls and approaches Wayta with his magno-cuffs out. “Back to me and give me your wrists.”
I’m not Wayta,” Wayta says as she obeys. “You’re making a terrible mistake!”
I’ve already made plenty of mistakes when it comes to you, Wayta, and this isn’t one of them.”
Wayta blows a strand of Killa’s hair out of her face. “Just, please, when you have me secured, check on the other so-called Killa.”
I cross my holographic arms. “She’s safe in Nicholas’s room.”
What?!” Wayta jerks around to face me, her hands cuffed behind her back. But it’s not indignity in her eyes that I read; it’s concern.
Doubt lays eggs in my own mind.
Wayta turns pleadingly to Orion. “You have me cuffed. I’ll go with you quietly to the brig. Just please, check on Nicholas first. He’s in danger.”


Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack