Agents:

Weekend Briefing: Sneak Peaks of At Summer's End


Welcome back, agents. I bet everyone is ready for summer to just come already. So here's a triple sneak peak of what is to come this June...


Agent Jesse perches on a chair that is between two tables. We girls are at one, and the boys at the other. I'm glad that Alex's family hasn't been invited to this little meeting. Things aren't looking good for Alex.
I glance sideways at him and catch him studying me, but not like a mouse in a trap. Like a boy worried about his friend.
Like a captain concerned for his charge.
Dropping my gaze, I wonder how anyone could think he’d hurt me in any way, shape, or form. He didn’t have an arrogant bone in his body when he was re-instated. He’s an expert at making it hard for me to dislike him, so how can they?
Agent Jesse turns to me. “Violet, how are you feeling?”
Not even a headache,” I lie.
Do you have any recollection of what might have happened last night?”


Well?” Alex repeats, and his breath is against my face. Thankfully, it’s minty and not something worse.
But it’s still too close. I step back an inch. “Can you see clearly?”
Blinking, he looks around the room. “A bit blurry, but clearing up. I don’t think they actually got my cornea.”
"I already knew that, you big baby." Reaching my arm around him, I have to lean into him to grab a paper towel.
Alex grins. “I appreciate the hug. It really helps me feel better.”
Don’t be a dork.” I wet the paper towel with sink water and pat it on his scratch. “I’m only doing this so Jesse doesn’t think I can’t take care of even one teammate.”
His grin deepens, and his eyes dance. “But you can. You’re my hero.”
Dork.” I toss the wet paper towel now covered in blood and study his face. “Not pretty, but I guess it still works.”
Alex holds up his broken glasses. “Unlike these. I need to stop wearing these things. They keep getting punched into my face.”
I shrug one shoulder and turn to open my purse. "Sorry to break it to you, sweetheart, but your face is so punch-able, people can't resist the 'don't hit a person with glasses' rule. What are you doing, making all these people mad, anyway?"
Stopping global takeovers.”


"The best is when I get to shoot someone. I'm armed, so tread carefully."
Caution’s not in my nature.” He flashes me a roguish grin. “So has your heart had enough distance yet? Because mine could use some close proximity.”
Ugh, he’s flirting even worse than he did at the Yin Program and the dance put together.
Who are you talking too?” Alex asks in my comms.
Focus on your mission,” I snap.
I am,” Jeremy assures, looking me up and down. “Wait, are you wearing comms? So, you’re not alone here. Is that some kind of G.I. Joe boyfriend you’re talking too?”
The information is seventy-five percent downloaded; I just need to buy a little more time. “As a matter of fact, yes. He’s smart, sensitive, hot and could shoot you before you even knew he was there.”
Forget who you’re talking to,” Alex says. “Who are you talking about?”
Jeremy leans against the desk. “Sounds like I have some stiff competition. But I’m not as defenseless as you think.”
You’re probably even more so.”
Even as I say those words, a security guard walks past the doorway and spots me. "Halt!" 


The world is reeling from the near-apocalypse of the Dystopian Takeover that was only just averted by a motley crew of teenagers, including Violet Strokes.

Violet now finds herself recruited by a special opps team- Code Name Peacemakers- to train to prevent future takeovers from ever happening along with some of the other teenage heroes. Which would be a lot easier if she weren't struggling to hide her emotional and physical wounds of the last takeover, or if everyone else on the team weren't spoiled rich kids (minus one mild-mannered superhuman named Tim).

It certainly doesn't help that one of the other teenagers on the team is her long-lost childhood friend- and the son of the villains of the Dystopian Takeover- Alexander Franklin III, who is insistent that they rekindle their friendship. On top of it all, every turn she takes, she seems run into another boy from her past- with what may be an even more sinister family legacy...

Somehow, though, Violet, Alex, and the rest of the team need to figure out how to work together to protect the world from itself. That is, if Violet can stop the takeover that is going on in her very mind...

Coming June 1, 2020






Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack