Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection








As sunlight begins to trickle through my blinds, I roll over to try and make out the time on my alarm.
Instead, I make out the form of a woman on my window seat.

Jerking upward, I grab my blanket and tug it up to my chin while I blink sleep out of my eyes.
But she stays present, wearing my clothes, and sleeping in my room. “Um, Astrid?”

She makes a sound that is somewhere between the plane of wakefulness and sleep, that is probably the most alluring sound a woman can make. 
 
I clear my throat. “Astrid, did you not like your bed or something?”

A hand moves to push her hair out of her face, and she blinks sleepily at me. 
 
Clutching my blanket closer, I point at her. “Did you have a bad dream? Because James is really good with those kinds of things.”

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack