Agents:

Excerpt of Intergallactic Witness Protection


They both look up. Rosa quickly smooths down her scrubs, like she’s not sure how I’ll react to see her on my ship. I am a bit surprised, but I so far she seems to be an ally. I will have to add her to my telepathy system tonight along with the Shippings.
Reverend Shipping, however, just blinks. “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize-”
Oh, that’s where the confusion is coming from. “Yes, my captain helped me to design a very realistic hologram. It helps keep a lower profile in less technological colonies.”
He shakes his head. “You just seemed so human...”
I will take that as a compliment, sir.”
Shipping smiles sadly before glancing down at his son, still unconscious in the bed, no doubt because of all the pain killers flowing through his veins to give his physical body some time to get used to the new machinery attached to him before his mind has to. “I’m not sure that it is anymore.”


Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack