Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water


Calypso’s laughter echoes in my head, and I lift my chin defiantly. Weakness is what left me in her clutches. Strength is what I need to defeat her.
Pushing myself back to my alien feet, I startle to see my face in the wall, not unlike the coveted glass mirror I have back in my palace room, gathered by the bravest mermen from beaches after lightning has struck the sand.
The woman staring back at me is a mess. Outside of the water, my hair is turning a lighter shade, and instead of flowing gracefully around me, it is falling in tangled rivulets from the mess of an updo I tamed it into.
Reaching up, I release my hair from its confines, and run my fingers through it. I am a queen, and I shall look like one. I shall return to my family and my birthright. Whether that path means I must use my beauty to win the heart of a two-legged creature, or manifest my majesty to tame the currents once again to my command, it shall be done.
I will not surrender. Calypso will not win. I shall be victorious. 


Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack