Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water



Turning on all my different monitors, I scan my ship for multiples. Orion frowning at my hologram. Killa in her room. Nicholas in his. Killa also in his room.
I materialize a hologram into each room while my physical body stumbles toward the new direction.
Killa in her room startles slightly when I appear. Then she regains her composure and goes back to brushing her hair out. “Is something else the matter in this ill-fated venture?”
When was your first kiss?” I ask her.
In the other room, Nicholas is the one who reacts when I appear. But he doesn’t really startle so much as raise an eyebrow. “It’s becoming a regular party in here.”
Killa rolls her eyes at him. “I only came in here because I had one of my feelings.”
Nicholas waggles his eyebrows at her. “I knew you had feelings for me.”
She kicks his shin before dropping back down into a sitting position on the edge of Nicholas’s bed. Then she turns back to me. “Is there a reason you decided to stop in? Did Orion send you to chaperon or something?”
We gonna need it,” Nicholas says glibly.
More like a witness,” Killa counters. “To keep us from killing us.”
I study her. “And what did your feeling say, Killa?”
In the next room over, Killa just frowns at me. “I have had no first kiss. That is foolishness for girls, not trained soldiers and respectable cops.”
Spoken like a true Killa.


Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack