Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water


Again, Brendan is patting my back and raising my arm. “Wow, is this your first time eating a meal ever?”
Brendan,” the manservant warns.
I put the utensil down. I’ve lost all appetite I had, with all the changes ahead of me just to provide nutrients to my strange, new body. I don’t have any energy left in me to do anything else.
Lifting my eyes to meet the manservant’s, I hope he understands that I’m saying I appreciate his hospitality, but must now retire.
Then I push my chair back and hurry up to the room that was assigned to me.
Approaching the bed, I wonder what it will be like not having to secure myself to sleep without worrying about the water carrying me from my bed.
Probably not as comfortable as home.


Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack