Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water


I smooth down the silky material that James informed me are called pajamas. Apparently, two-leggeds do not make a practice of sleeping in the same close they face the day in.

Well, except for Brendan, who doesn’t appear to sleep in clothes at all. A merperson could never get away with such a feat, since there is always the possibility that the water might carry us away from our bed, and there are laws against such exposure.

Still, I will forgive Brendan this trespass. I have to, for my sisters’ sake. He may not be the best choice for the next merking, but I don’t need him to be. I only need him to be our present savior.
First, I need to make him fall in love with me, though. And somehow figure out how to fall in love with him.

Smoothing down my pajamas and my hair for the umpteenth time and approach Brendan’s closed bedroom door. I’ve never had a relationship before. Men admired me from afar, but my father would never have permitted their allowance into my presence without my direct request. And I never had time to even think if I wanted to request a suitor. I had a kingdom to help run and six sisters to raise.

But I know I’m beautiful. Hopefully that will be enough.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack