Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection


My hologram opens inside of the sealed-off medic bay.
“What’s the verdict?” Rose asks, looking up from checking Silas Shipping’s vitals.
“You need to keep everyone silent in here,” I answer. “I have you locked off, but if they have reason to believe there are life-forms in here, they won’t hesitate to break down the doors.
“Who will?” Killa murmurs.
“We’ve been boarded,” I answer. “Orion, Wayta, and Reverend Shipping have been abducted.”
Killa rolls off the bed. “I need to go… save them.”
I turn to Rose. “Sedate her.”
“No!” Killa yells.
“Quiet,” I order. “Unless you want the other crew to find Nicholas in his weakened state.”
Killa blinks up at me. “Why are you sedating me? You have to be outnumbered.”
Rose quietly eases behind her with a sedation needle.
“I’ve done a scan of the ship,” I answer. “Other than the five who met us- one of which being a robot I took out of service- there’s only one other crew mate, the pilot. I can easily defeat them with only a two-man op.”
Killa muffles her cry when Rose injects the needle into her. Then Killa glares at both Rose and me. “You and Orion overestimate your abilities. You can’t do everything on your own.”
“Orion will not be my partner on this op. He’s been poisoned.”
Eyes widening, Killa jumps to her feet, only to slump over. Rose rushes to catch her. “What?”
“I will fetch the cure for him shortly,” I answer. “There is nothing to be alarmed about, Killa.”
“Who… is… your… partner?”
Rose turns to me, her eyes wide with curiosity of her own.
“Reverend Shipping,” I answer, before sending a hologram to find the other half of my two-man op.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack