Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water


Studying my reflection, I take in the garment the woman at the store referred to as a swim suit. When I was revolted by the original two slips of fabric that she tried to convince me were common, she got me what she referred to as much more modest. A one piece thing, it’s different from anything I’ve ever worn before. More modest than the two slip piece, but the thought of swimming without a skirt around my upper fin- leg- but it would become a fin in the water- had me grabbing at a skirt made of the same material.

Wait- my fin will return when immersed in water. Which will be good, if I’m to practice time jumping again. But will it be the best time and place? These two-leggeds don’t seem to have the best grasp of magic, based on Brandon’s reaction to my returned voice and fear of what it would do to James.

So I’ll have to avoid the one place I want to go. At least until I’m alone. Because if I can’t leave tonight, I can’t risk losing my place here somehow. Can’t risk losing my close position to Brandon.
I hate having to doubt my own abilities. It was never something I had to do before, at least since coming into my own.

But I guess Cerce stole that from me, too.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack