Agents:

Excerpt of Fish Out of Water







“Okay, I’ll do my best.” He points at the first word. “An ex is someone you used to have a relationship with. Soon I won’t have a relationship with my friend who betrayed me by going after my ex-girlfriend.”

Nodding some more, I continue to study him, noting the humor in his tone, but the pain etched by his eyes.

Brendan moves to sit next to me and points to the next word. “A girlfriend is like a guy having a friend who is a girl, but they kiss and stuff for fun, and maybe fall in love.”

I feel my entire face light up. If I take this position of a girlfriend, will it make him fall in love with me so I can find my sisters?

He clears his throat awkwardly. “Single is when you don’t have a girlfriend. Hitting on is what guys without girlfriends do to girls in an attempt to make them a girlfriend. Idiots are guys who hit on girls who are obviously out of their league- way too pretty and regal for them. And a couple is a guy and his girlfriend.”

So it all resolves around relationships, like courtships and the like.

Thank goodness I don’t have any of those to worry about at home. Or any of my sisters. Well, except for Calypso…
 
She better not do anything to keep herself from breaking the curse.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack