Agents:

Excerpt of Fish out of Water







“All right, you two have the same rooms as before.”

I stand back and watch as Brandon leads the two Bens to the furthest rooms away from us.

Well, two of the furthest, anyway. I can only hope that Cecilia will be placed in the closet at the end of the hallway.

Cecilia, who is standing right next to me now, the chill seeping off of her dissimilar to the warmth of the ocean in every way.

“So, are you Brandon’s newest friend?”

I glance side-long at the woman, not really wanting to give her more attention than that. Then I nod once.

“Oh. So just friends, then?”

At this, I shake my head.

She purses her extremely puffy lips. “So, you’re friends with benefits?”

I’m not completely sure what that terminology means, so I just shrug.

Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack