Agents:

Excerpt of Intergalactic Witness Protection








Reverend Shipping’s gaze falls on his son. “Is the procedure all right? Is he going to be all right?”
I turn back to Silas Shipping and finish my analysis. “The surgery didn’t need to be as intensive as we previously determined. We only needed to remove one arm, and we can repair it easily when we get to earth.”
Breathing a sigh of relief, Reverend Shipping leans more heavily onto Rose.
“Alicia Ivy!” Orion’s alarmed voice breaks through the comms.
Oh, no. He’s upset over the Venetian’s demise. Well, he will heal. Just like he has healed from all the deep wounds Wayta has inflicted on him in the past. Or, as much as he has healed, anyway.
“We have an emergency,” Orion adds. “I need your assistance right away.”
“Oh, no,” Reverend Shipping moans. “What have I done, leaving my post?”
“Saved two lives,” Rose counters, helping him to sit down at the edge of a third cot.
“You did exactly what was expected of you,” I answer, turning on my outside monitor to see Orion better and get an analysis on how much grief I will have to help him through.



Comments

Archive

Show more

Betrayal and Banditry Soundtrack

The Samurai's Student Soundtrack

Embrace of Shadow Soundtrack